Vivaldi has a brand new function which may have you ever switching your default browser. Jack Wallen reveals you easy methods to work with periodic tab reloads so your tabs are at all times updated.
When you’re like me, you’re employed with quite a lot of tabs open in your internet browser. For probably the most half, these tabs can wait till I get again to them earlier than they get refreshed. Nonetheless, often, I will have a tab open that must be up-to-date the second I click on on it.
These tabs may very well be server or community displays, information, or simply about any sort of web site. I definitely do not need to should click on on the tab after which both await it to reload or manually handle the duty. One of many latest updates to the Vivaldi browser provides a function that can mechanically reload tabs, even once they’re within the background.
I’ve used this function on quite a few events and it is fairly useful. Let me present you the way it works.
SEE: Hiring Package: Software engineer (TechRepublic Premium)
Methods to mechanically reload your Vivaldi tabs with Periodic Reload
- Open Vivaldi and open a web site in a tab.
- As soon as the location opens, right-click the tab and click on Periodic Reload.
- From the brand new submenu, choose from 1 Minute, 2 Minutes, 5 Minutes, 10 Minutes, or 30 Minutes. Be aware: Sadly, Vivaldi does not provide the choice of customizing these occasions, so for those who want auto reloads quicker than one minute, you are out of luck.
- After you’ve got made your choice, that tab will then start mechanically reloading, even for those who’re engaged on a unique tab.
You’ll be able to set a number of tabs to reload, even at completely different intervals. It’s also possible to disable the periodic reloading of a single tab or all tabs you’ve got set to reload. To do that:
- Proper-click the tab you need to disable and choose Periodic Reload | Disable.
- If you wish to disable all auto reloads, right-click any tab and choose Periodic Reload | Disable All.
And that is how you utilize this new Vivaldi function. As I stated, I’ve discovered Periodic Reloads actually useful for sure websites. Give it a try to see if it does not assist make utilizing the Vivaldi internet browser even simpler.
Subscribe to TechRepublic’s How To Make Tech Work on YouTube for all the most recent tech recommendation for enterprise execs from Jack Wallen.